If you can not make it to Vienna in April, you can still watch EGU press conferences live via webstream. You may also ask questions using Skype or Twitter.
How to access press conferences remotely
- You will need Adobe Flash Player 22.214.171.124 or newer.
- You can live stream press conferences of interest by clicking the respective links in the webstreaming page of the EGU General Assembly website.
- If you wish to ask questions, you can do so using Skype's text chat feature. In advance of the press conference of interest, add egu.media to your Skype contacts and indicate your name and professional affiliation on your contact request message.
- You can also ask questions on Twitter by using the hashtag #askEGU. (We'll send a tweet via @EuroGeosciences at the start of each press conference.)
- A member of the EGU press team will monitor Skype's chat line and Twitter and will read your questions to the speakers. Please indicate who your question is for when asking.
- You may access electronic versions of handouts, power point slides, press releases, or other relevant documents from the Documents section on this website, which will be updated frequently throughout the conference.
If you have any questions or experience difficulties accessing press conferences via webstream, please contact the EGU Media and Communications Manager, Bárbara Ferreira, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +49 8921-806-703 (before the General Assembly) or +43 6763-199-378/9 (at the General Assembly).